Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

New and improved craftroom

I am fortunate enough that my fiance has given me the spare room to be my creative space. After multiple attemps at finding an organizing system that would work for me (Which is hard since I have organizers for my organizers) I think I have found a more long term solution.

The main work area of my room is an Expedit bookshelf-desk combo. It has a large work surface so I can spread out and little cubbies on the one side to house my clear stamps (In plastic bins), my copic marker bag, my punches, and my adhesive. I placed a kitchen knife magnetic board on the wall over my desk to hold onto my scissors, paper piercer, hole punch, and cricut tools. The 6 drawer unit beside my workspace houses rubbermaid 2 drawer organizers which are perfect for organizing my inks, stamps, embossing powers, stickles, cuttlebug plates, etc.

My Embellishment centre holds all of my dew drops, brads, buttons, flowers, glimmer mists, smooch, and ribbons. Along the side of it I have put up a clothing line for my cards using 3M hooks and some string. Now I can see everything and am more likely to use it. I also love having cards I created on display. It helps get my creative juices going when I sit down to scrapbook or make cards. 
Beside my main work station I have used cube storage I purchased at Michaels (I wouldn't pay full price but with 40% off its worth it). I was skeptical about how sturdy they would be, but they are well constructed and easy to put together. I now have room for my 12 x 12 paper, albums, and magazines. The drawers in the bottom of the unit are perfect for holding envelopes, 4x6 mat cardstock, decorative brads, photos to scrap, and those odd tools that don't seem to fit anywhere else.


I truely love my new workroom and now that I am organized I feel ready to create. My advice to anyone setting up their craftroom is to experiment with various storage units, find out what you really want, and then splurge. It is worth the investment because lets face it, our craft supplies are expensive and if we don't protect them we may as well be putting money down the drain anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment